Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
***Week 13 GameDay Thread...Steelers @ Bengals***
(12-05-2017, 02:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's possible to like someone without thinking he's the best (case in point, Bengals fandom).  Also, Palmer isn't a HOFer by any means, but it took him one actual shot at the post-season to make it closer to a SB than the Bengals have been in almost 30 years (and counting).

Both Palmer and Dalton could have been far more relevant in the post-season if they hadn't spent their prime years playing for Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis.  What's so delusional about that?  Seems pretty reasonable and factually-based, to me.  Thinking that going 13-3, getting a 1st round bye, having a borderline MVP season, being a top 3 QB, leading the #1 overall NFL offense in a league that has Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers in it, and getting to the NFC Championship game "isn't dick" seems more delusional to me, but to each his own.  I'd piss my pants with glee if the Bengals got stomped by the Patriots in Foxborough in the AFC Championship game...maybe you're just one of those "All or nothing" types.

Palmer really only had 2 really great years, but he played for 3 historically bad franchises.  The guy isn't the bees knees, but he's no bum.  So what?
i am a kentucky fan so yeah...it's all or nothing. i'd like to burn the banners they raised for "runner-up" and "final four" b/c it's never good enough. the biggest middle finger is that cincinnati still allows mike brown to make his living off of the fans. the whole damn fanbase is delusional, which would obv. include myself. can't help it really.

also, i agree dalton could've been better with a different franchise possibly, palmer not so much. palmer has and will end his career as a "bum". if dalton doesn't get a head coach soon he'll end up the same. has dalton ever had a 1st round bye?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: ***Week 13 GameDay Thread...Steelers @ Bengals*** - WildCat - 12-05-2017, 03:14 AM