Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy price is how we compete next year
(12-04-2017, 08:32 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I'd be willing to let it go another year for a left tackle. U can't have 4 sometimes 5 holes on the oline. If ur just lacking at the tackle spots ur guards can help out with the tackles. But if ur guards suck as well ur screwed. We need to solidify the interior oline and work from there to the tackles. It can't be fixed in one year. So u got 2 options. Take Billy price in the first, sign Andrew norwell for about 7-8 million at rg and take a left/right tackle in the second(brown/Rankin/Williams). I personally prefer option 2 which is take Billy price in the first, then best guard in draft if he's still avaliable in will hernandez and in the third take a jamarco Jones/okafor at tackle.

If you take a center in round one, he better be the next Jim Otto.  I don't disagree we need a center, but centers can be had in round 2.  The top Left Tackles are gone early in 1.  There is NO WAY we can let Left Tackle go another year.  No Way....Whitworth gone and the Ogbuehi or Fisher experiment has failed....Draft a left tackle and hopefully one of these stiffs Og or Fish can play right tackle. ...and get some guards and center in rounds 2 and 3. ......If Mike Brown didn't pay Whitworth or Zeitler, you are dreaming to think same Mike Brown will sign a high priced free agent Left Tackle, you are dreaming....It's easy for you to say let left tackle go another year, you aren't Andy Dalton getting slammed into the ground every play....and for what an NFL QB gets paid, that's another reason not to let left tackle slide another year.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Billy price is how we compete next year - kevin - 12-04-2017, 08:47 AM