Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ben Roethlisberger: 'Always a respect' for Steelers-Ravens rivalry
(12-06-2017, 03:45 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: We took several cheap shots from the steelers for over a decade, the ESPN crew did a nice little segment on that showing all the rules put in place after all the cheap hits that injured our players. The steelers didn't even start to whine until we got a player that started smacking them back. Burfict's mere presence turns them into whiny little bitches. Now they piss and moan about shaw and iloka? They can't take us standing up to them.

You want to talk about karma, Pittsburgh? Burfict is just a small dose of what we got from the likes of Joey Porter, James Harrison and Hines Ward over the years. Typically bully mentality: dish it out and act like an invincible tough guy, but cower like a ***** when someone hits back (all stemming from mental weakness and low self-esteem). We hit back now, Ben. And it's been a long time coming. You want respect, you damn well better try to earn it. Because respect is the last thing those thugs in Pittsburgh deserve

I really appreciated that segment -- about time it's being acknowledged by someone other than us.  Sad thing is many of those hits weren't  even penalized.  I was pulling the "Amen, brother!  Preach on!" the entire time.  

And not to pile on the guy, but it disturbs me a little that no one is talking about how the Shazier hit that put him in the hospital was an illegal hit.  You can't lead with the crown of your helmet when making a tackle -- which is exactly what he did.  He should have been flagged.  Ironically, those hits were outlawed not because they're dangerous to the recipient, but rather to the player making the hit (i.e., Shazier).  Shazier always leads with his helmet and it's almost never flagged.  

As for Ben, nobody respects that rapist ...

[Image: broeth.jpg]   
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21689839/ben-roethlisberger-says-pittsburgh-steele - shanebo - 12-06-2017, 04:28 PM