Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What motivates ‘the fix’?
(12-13-2017, 07:54 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Good morning. No doubt over the last few years Bengal fans could point out many questionable calls by the officials, but Steeler fan's could no doubt do the same. In the end it probably all evens out. Officials have it tough making calls on bang bang plays. As a rule the better team usually overcomes these mistakes.

For instance, I think "Inflategate" with Brady was a big waste of time and a non issue. Both teams used the same balls. A couple of ounces of air out of some balls isn't why you got beat by 40 points.

On the other hand, If your filming an opponents practice before a playoff game, now that is plain cheating that will effect the outcome of a game!

Merry Christmas!

No time (or inclination) to check, but I don't believe that statement is true. I think each team uses their own ball.

If I'm right, what happens if say a Bengals safety picks off a Steeler pass and returns it for a TD (Ok, it's hypothetical). The DB understandably wants to keep the ball as a memento.  Does later in the week, some intern from the Steelers knock on the DB's door and asks if they can please have their ball back? 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What motivates ‘the fix’? - BMK - 12-13-2017, 02:21 PM
RE: What motivates ‘the fix’? - Vlad - 12-14-2017, 10:52 AM