Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Mitchell- Steeler Hypocrisy
(12-14-2017, 12:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: I always see it the other way: Steelers fans do travel well, but it's on the lazy talking heads that keep mentioning it.  Like every time the team has a prime time game there's an over/under bet on how soon the idiot announcer will mention the "confluence", or call it "The Steel City" and then explain what that means, or talk abou the towels in the crowd.

We enjoy the history of the team and the town, but the announcers assume they are talking to a new audience every game.  In general practice I don't have a problem with that.  Every time can be someone's first time.  But in pro football I don't think the turnover is great enough to keep falling back on the same talking points.

Oh the confluence always gets me.  "Hey look at the word I know."  If they held built Heinz somewhere else I swear they would say, "Heinz Field located just two miles south of the confluence Monongahela and Allegheny to form the Ohio River."
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike Mitchell- Steeler Hypocrisy - michaelsean - 12-14-2017, 04:56 PM