Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we really have the players to succeed??
Even off a losing season the consensus seemed to be that apart from OT/C we had playoff talent across the board helped with a strong infusion of young players - and that it was the coaching blocking us from playoff success

We've had a long look at this team now and I'm really not so sure that the talent is really there like people think...

We seem to have an aging core of pro bowl players who even in their 'peak' did not win a playoff game, we have an awful lot of very pedestrian talent in the middle of the roster, and the youngsters appear to be getting exposed with more playing time.

Is there really any one position where you would say we are really set / playoff quality right now??

Maybe RB with Gio & Mixon  (may be overstating Mixon potential)
Maybe CB with WJax, Dennard and Dre K  (that may be pushing it)
Maybe DE if they play Lawson and Dunlap
Our punter and long snapper are pretty good  (OK , I'm getting desperate here Ninja )

Our OLine is weak,  our Safety play is very limited with no difference makers, our LBs are pedestrian apart from Burfict (who consistently misses time) , our WR group is a mess and our best one is having arguably his worst season, our QBs are limited game managers, our best TE is an injury liability,  DT is Geno and no-one else right now.

At the start of the year I would have been in the camp that's says a Sean McVay type of turnaround with the right HC candidate was a good possibility ..now I'm not so sure
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Do we really have the players to succeed?? - sonofstat - 12-18-2017, 07:22 AM