Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we really have the players to succeed??
(12-18-2017, 09:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Schematically, this team is awful.  They go from never doing bootlegs and waggles to doing something like 10 straight and then went to the well once too often on a third and one and got sacked for a loss of 7 yards.  Can't believe we STILL can't rush the ball for a yard on third and one or fourth and one.

Talent-wise, this team's biggest deficiencies lie in the middle:

1.) Middle of the offensive line has no push at all
2.) Middle of the defensive line, aside from Geno, has no push or ability to anchor.  
3.) Middle of the field on defense, LBs and Safeties, are the weakest point on the entire team.  We have two LBs that can cover (Vigil and Burfict) and no safeties.  The lack of safety play is also a function of scheme and lack of LB play.

If this team is serious about winning (we all seem to have doubts there), they need to make some significant changes:

1.) Cut Shawn Williams.  An absolute liability in coverage and a poor tackler.  No idea why we extended him.
2.) Cut Brandon Lafell.  Worst #2 WR in the league.
3.) NOT re-sign Eifert
4.) Not sign Bodine

Use these dollars in FA to build the offensive and defensive lines.  I would find a veteran Center over any other position as a FA target.  Draft LB, S, DT, G, OT.  WRs, TEs, RBs, DEs, and CBs won't matter if the middle of the team is still such a massive black hole of suck.

Lastly, and I know this will flame people, but I would look for trade offers for AJ Green.  A key line player plus a first rounder and I wouldn't think twice about it.

Your plan is very similar to what I would do if I had control.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do we really have the players to succeed?? - THE PISTONS - 12-18-2017, 02:18 PM