Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've decided. It was Fake News!
(12-18-2017, 11:21 AM)jj22 Wrote: Let's talk assistant coaches.

Who could possibly be mad about being underpaid?

Guenther would be the only one, but he is here by choice. He could have left to join Zimmer and or Gruden after 2013. He's road the wave of loyalty and mediocrity for nearly 15 years.

Everyone else would be out of the league if it wasn't for MB.

I don't buy the coaches underpaid argument. They all need fired so surely they weren't crying about being underpaid.

This is a devastating story as you can forget attracting any HC and outside assistant coaches with this rumor going around.

Either way, I can't think of any assistant coach who should be paid more. As a matte of fact, I don't see any of them outside of Guenther getting a job elsewhere.

When it comes to this, I side with Mike Brown. These assistant coaches should be bowing at his feet for his loyalty and lack of accountability.

I side with Mike Brown as well...to an extent.
When it comes to current salaries, the coaches all signed contracts, so this is ultimately on them. If they felt they were underpaid at the time, they shouldn't have signed the contract.

But with that said, if it is true that Mike Brown is paying coaches a lot less than other teams or expecting his coaches to do a lot more than other teams while paying them "normal" coaching salaries, then I can see where it might be hard going forward to attract the better talent when it comes to coaching.

At the end of the day, it's each coach's career choice to sign with this team or not. If one team is willing to pay a coach better than what another team would, so be it. That's called free market. Not everything comes down to money, but in a lot of cases it does in the business world.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
I've decided. It was Fake News! - jj22 - 12-18-2017, 11:21 AM
RE: I've decided. It was Fake News! - McC - 12-18-2017, 11:37 AM
RE: I've decided. It was Fake News! - jj22 - 12-18-2017, 11:43 AM
RE: I've decided. It was Fake News! - ochocincos - 12-18-2017, 12:34 PM