Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dont Refer To The 90's, This Is No Better
Registered to post in this thread. The 90's were so much worse than now and that's not to say that now is good, but back then we were the Browns of the day. Don't let some revisionism cloud your memories. The 90's sucked and we had almost no meaningful games late in the season. I knew going into every season the team had no shot at the playoffs. I'm not content with 0-7 in the playoffs or zero playoff wins since my 5th birthday, but the bar to clear to beat that era of Bengals football is not high and in the Lewis era almost every year has resulted in meaningful games in December. I'll take it over the perpetual 3-13 Bengals.

Let's look at those 3 years in the middle of the 90's that "weren't so bad". 95-97. In 95 they went 7-9, but were basically eliminated before December. In 96 they started 1-6 with David Shula as head coach and then finally fired him. Coslet somehow got them to 8-8, but they were never in the playoff hunt. They won 3 meaningless games at the end to save their jobs. 97 was actually my favorite year of the 90's because Boomer came back gunslinging and the second half was fun, but again, they never had a shot at the playoffs. They were 1-7 and the season was lost before they started playing well.

It's been better, it really has, we got to watch some fun regular season football most of the last 15 years. It probably should've been more fun than it was, but it's definitely been better than the 90's. To suggest otherwise is laughable.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dont Refer To The 90's, This Is No Better - Striper - 01-02-2018, 06:51 PM