Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
95% chance Marvin returns as Head Coach - just has to get back on "same page" as Mike
* With Hue Jackson and Jay Gruden likely not available, Marvin being only 59 years old, with a home in Cincinnati, the ability to keep earning nice paychecks, another chance to win a playoff game to improve his legacy, more roster control if an aging Mike allows it, plus what Lewis has said below: I think the chances are 95% that Marvin returns as Head Coach.

Bengals' coach Marvin Lewis still unsure of future with team   -   (below from Article)

He said Monday that he's not sure he'll be back. He and Mike Brown had a general discussion about the team's future.

"If his direction is different than my direction, it's probably not good," Lewis said. "So we just have to make sure we're all on the same page."

Lewis said on Monday that the organization has to do a better job of building a team that can win the AFC North. During his 15 seasons in Cincinnati, he's lobbied for more sway over the makeup of the roster.

"We have to build better," Lewis said. "We've got to build a team that can win in this division, and we're not there obviously. So that's the first step."

The front office decided to go with a youth movement this season, giving Lewis one of his least-experienced teams.

Lewis said he's unsure how long it will take to decide whether he stays or looks for a coaching job somewhere else.

Asked what he would say to fans, Lewis said, "Well, I think if you're a real fan then you stay the course and understand we're not happy with what transpired this season and we're going to do everything — if I'm here, I'm going to do everything in my power to get us to be world champions."
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
95% chance Marvin returns as Head Coach - just has to get back on "same page" as Mike - depthchart - 01-02-2018, 12:26 PM