Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gleanings from the press conference transcript
Just some thoughts on things from the press conference...

First, I think it was either Marvin himself or Lazor as a condition of staying that got Paul Alexander to not be offered a new contract.

Second, it sounded like the blocking scheme change that occurred near the end of the season and revived the ground game came from Lazor. If yes, that would have really put the nails in Piano Man's coffin as it is pretty ridiculous when the OC has to get involved in line blocking philosophy.

Third (and this is really speculating), some of both Marvin's and Lazor's comments made it sound like they are going to be using more rollouts and designed throws on the run and less timing passes next season. If this is true I would be thrilled, as our receivers are not the type of exacting route runners that excel in a timing offense. It also sounded like they feel Tyler Boyd is ready to step up.

Lazor also made comments to the effect that the present playbook comes across like it was written by three different OCs. Again the language was not as blunt as I would like but he really seemed to be saying the playbook was going to get surgery with an eye to having an actual core offensive philosophy.

There was more, but this stuff stood out to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Gleanings from the press conference transcript - Joelist - 01-03-2018, 11:25 PM