Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin's Press Conference Has Me EXCITED!
(01-04-2018, 05:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: People are stretching to find reasons for hope. It's pretty typical for Bengals fans, as the FO rarely provides real reasons for hope, so people make up happy narratives in their heads.

Here's the hard truth:

1. There has been no major change. No power shift. There is no proof that Marv suddenly has unprecedented control, and tbh, haven't people been saying "Marvin has control" for many years now? This is getting sad.

2. We aren't really making sweeping changes to the coaching staff. It looks like Paul Alexander FINALLY did enough bad things in consecutive seasons to get the pink slip. Guenther wants out. From everything I've read, we'll take him back with open arms if he doesn't land that lateral move. Many things seem off about that, but whatev.

Anything else? No?

3. Don't fall for the FA talk...AGAIN. Marvin said the same stuff a couple years back and we wound up bringing back Michael Johnson and signing a washed up AJ Hawk. This talk always seems to happen before season ticket renewal letters are sent out. Hmm...

------------------------

The Mike Brown Bengals rely on HOPE to sell tickets/merch. We need to stop hoping and take a "prove it" stance.

All of the demonstrable evidence concludes that Brown is inept and that Lewis is mediocre, yet the HOPE and DESIRE that they can somehow overcome their own inadequacies is enough to fuel optimism within the masses. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Marvin's Press Conference Has Me EXCITED! - Dark-Net-Axon - 01-04-2018, 05:23 PM