Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paul Alexander was "in charge of the run game"
...according to Hobspin:

Quote:Alexander was in charge of the run game so it's a major move that indicates a significant change in how the Bengals approach line play and the ground attack. They had their worst rushing season ever in the history of the club when it came to net yards, but they are attempting to build on Lazor's approach that helped them average 4.6 yards per carry and 114 yards per game in the last six games.

http://m.bengals.com/news/article-1/Alexanders-departure-signals-change-in-run-game/8bf651dc-520e-43e8-bf96-56a2d8d32bdb

Our run game has ranked 20th or worse in yards per carry in every year since 2006, sans 2014...so I'm thrilled that people might finally get a taste of what a real rushing attack looks like. Those last 6 games where Gio and Mixon were averaging 4.7 and 5.0 YPC? Prepare for a whole year of that.

This is the biggest reason I've been wanting PA gone for 5+ years now. Our run game has been so pathetic for a decade+ now. Sadly, Jeremy Hill won't get to benefit, but Mixon and Gio will be fun to watch now that the Ivory Tickler is out to pasture.

Btw...Anyone think the "guru" will get snapped up by some other team? Barring a call from Hue, I'd bet this is it for him. Mike kept a bum on the staff for 24 years.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Paul Alexander was "in charge of the run game" - Shake n Blake - 01-06-2018, 02:42 AM