Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Ogbuhei or Fisher play Right Tackle ?
Bengals have the worst Offensive Line in NFL but the good news is that if Bengals address Offensive Line early and often there are players that can not only come in here and start but could be long time Prom Bowl players for Bengals. There are top Left Tackles, Top Guards, Top Centers. It would help if either Ogbuhei or Fisher who stink at left tackle could man up and earn their high draft picks at right tackle. Losing Whitworth and Zeitler gave us the worst O Line in NFL. Being 32nd in offense all year is because of worst blocking in NFL. We can address most of it, but I don't see where we address Right Tackle unless we get a free agent. The draft has those good Left Tackles such as McGlinchey out of Notre Dame and good centers such as Price out of Ohio State. Boling can play left tackle or move back to guard. Some fans like our other guards that came on. If we went early in 1 and 2 to fix the worst O Line in NFL, I think we could with for example LT- McGlinchey in 1 and Center/ Guard - Price or Ragnow in 2. ....We could improve this awful blocking greatly and protect the QB, open running lanes and pass the ball down field and Score Points, Win Games....but can we get anything at all out of top picks Ogbuhei and Fisher. I would like to think they could at least play Right Tackle. I know they were awful at Left Tackle, but maybe one of them could man Right Tackle.

There is great talent in the draft to turn the worst offensive line in NFL around. Other than Boling, we need help across the board but that's hard to do. If we could get 2 top studs early...but it keeps coming back that one of these top picks in Ogbuhei and Fisher could help us by manning up at Right Tackle and proving they weren't both just awful draft picks. ....IF WE CAN REBUILD O LINE and GET BLOCKERS IN HERE, protect Dalton, give him passing time, open running lanes, this offense could return to the 8-0 start of 2015, BUT WE NEED BLOCKING. You would think one of these two top picks could at least play right tackle.

I know there will always be draft fans that want defense or WR or RB but losing Whitworth and Zeitler combined with the failure of Ogbuhei and Fisher high picks, THe O-Line is a total disaster area. The good news is with early picks in rounds 1 and 2 we could get some draft pick blockers NFL scouts are raving about as future Pro Bowl. If we can get a 1st or 2nd round comp pick for McCarron to also draft a defensive player with 2 early O Linemen, even better. We can get back to being the team that started 8-0 in 2015 if we bring in blocking to add to Boling. NFL Scouts are high on some of the top draft O Linemen such as Nelson, Price and McGlinchey and a couple others. The draft blocking is there, and we need it more than any other NFL team. Dalton was on pace to be NFL MVP in 2015, and if we get blocking in here it should all get back on pace.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Can Ogbuhei or Fisher play Right Tackle ? - kevin - 01-09-2018, 07:24 AM