Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jon Kitna interviewing for QB coach
(01-12-2018, 01:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 25 QBs had a minimum of 400 pass attempts this year (25/game @ 16 games). Of those 25 Andy Dalton finished 16th. Not to mention his team had a terrible record. So I really have no idea how you could assume that no one could argue the point that Andy is a below average QB.

I'm sorry, is this Andy's only season? If the argument is whether or not Dalton had a below average SEASON this year, ok, you won't get an argument from me. But, to argue that because he had a below average season means his entire career = below average, that's a whole different argument - one with no foundation in fact.

bfine32 Wrote:I can post the thread I did preseason where almost 40% of this forum had Andy ranked as a top 10 QB in the NFL. That sounds a whole lot like folks claiming he is awesome. Personally I had him about 17 of 32 and I was a hating troll.

You can try to move the goalposts all you want, but the argument isn't whether people think Andy WAS awesome. The argument is whether people think Andy IS awesome AND are making excuses for why it doesn't show up in the stats.

See, when you don't make shit up, you don't have to change the argument.

bfine32 Wrote:You know, you're right. He was most likely just pointing out AJ had a bad season, just out of the blue and in no way trying to make it a reason Andy played poorly. 

So, anytime someone criticizes a player, it's not because of that player, it's because they're defending someone else. Got it. Rolleyes

bfine32 Wrote:I really need to stop making things up.

Yes, you do.

bfine32 Wrote:I'm so glad you guys are here; as we are iced in. You guys will keep me smiling all weekend:

"Nobody ever claimed Andy was awesome and that other factors have stopped him from attaining his awesomeness...."""

You guys kill me.

And yet, you have still not provided any evidence of someone making that claim. I'm sorry that we're not allowing you to get away with making bullshit claims.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jon Kitna interviewing for QB coach - PhilHos - 01-12-2018, 02:24 PM