Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Austin says we can’t beat ourselves, more from his presser
Austin likes No. 55. WILL linebacker Vontaze Burfict.

"The guy's a really good player, that's the No. 1 thing," Austin said. "There'll be changes, but not wholesale changes. I think he can adapt to a lot of things. I'm looking forward to working with him."

Austin is also looking forward to working with most of Guenther's coaches. Linebackers coach Jim Haslett, a
fellow Pittsburger, is back. So is defensive line coach Jacob Burney and safeties coach Robert Livingston.

"I think it's one of the interesting things," Austin said when asked about coaches already signed up. "There are some really good coaches there. I like to hear their ideas and see what they think about my ideas. It's always good to expand the pallet. You don't want to always eat Chicken McNuggets. That can only help your team and give you more options."

At the moment, there's only one item on the menu.

"As long as we don't beat ourselves," he said. "I'll be happy with what we put on the field."

http://bengals.com/news/article-1/Austins-first-rule-cant-beat-ourselves/7ba3f0e5-0e89-4070-afc7-6e1f53a1ab17

I like what I’m hearing
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Austin says we can’t beat ourselves, more from his presser - Trademark - 01-09-2018, 03:21 PM