Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please have someone in the Bengals FO read this!
(01-09-2018, 11:20 PM)CornerBlitz Wrote: It's something i harp on every off season; most on this board thrash me with nonsense about how acquiring free agents is dumb. Then they continue to list dumb moves by the Redskins. I hope you read this, it will inform you of the importance of acquiring talent via free agency.

I don't recall "most of this board" thrashing anyone in regards to FA being dumb? I thought nearly everyone was in agreement that the Bengals should approach FA by picking up just a couple above-average to elite level starters to fill a couple gaps such that they didn't need to depend on 4+ rookies playing a ton of snaps and playing very well in order to succeed.

Case in point - No one should (or would) expect the Bengals to go out in FA to get a top-tier LB, WR, DT, and multiple OL. What is probably the best course of action is to cut bait with a couple underperforming veterans in the last years of their contracts to free up some cap space, sign two key FAs, and then extend Dunlap and Atkins. Then look to get immediate and quality contribution from 3-4 drafted rookies.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Please have someone in the Bengals FO read this! - ochocincos - 01-10-2018, 11:56 AM