Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Robert Livingston promoted to DB coach
(01-11-2018, 09:21 PM)N_B Wrote: I don't follow other organizations nearly as closely, so I'm not sure.

What I do know is we are statistically and philosophically one of the more conservative defenses out there.  The way our safeties are asked to play is a clear example of this; keep everything in front, looking for hitting/tackling more so than turnovers, etc

There was a play this past season that encapsulated our defense to me this past season.

Right at the end of the 1st half of the Titans game, Titans ball.  Forget the down and distance but they  five, six, seven seconds left, driving for  FG.

Instead of going ahead and attempting the FG, they run a play, a very quick slant for about five yards.  I think it went to Decker.  They call an immediate timeout, kick the FG.  It was kind of a long attempt, and without the extra five yards, he misses.

With the amount of time they had left, they could never go more than four, five yards downfield.  How do we D it up?  Five yard cushion.  Nutshell.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Robert Livingston promoted to DB coach - McC - 01-11-2018, 09:29 PM