Poll: Percentage chance the Bengals win a Playoff game in either of the next 2 seasons. (2018 & 2019)
100% chance they pull it off
76-99% chance
51-75% chance
50/50
26-49% chance
1-25% chance
0% chance they pull it off
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Low Bar" of success & what it will mean for Marvin & Mike if they Jump over it
(01-10-2018, 02:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You are talking about two different things.

Mike and Marvin would be exonerated regarding everyone who said that they would never win a playoff game, but that is not the same as "setting the bar for success".  Every fan I know wants more than just a playoff win, and I guarantee every coach and player is shooting for more also.

Also EVERY fan of every team in the league celebrates when they win a playoff game.  I have seen it with my own eyes.  So what is so bad about being happy over a playoff victory?

This thread is about the "winning a Playoff game" narrative.

Doing so would be classified as a "success" by anyone that is aware of the narrative.

Would be great to celebrate. The monkey off their backs.

Immediately after that Playoff win the "bar" would get moved up a peg as we await the next game.

Hopefully gets reset all the way up to a Super Bowl win that same year.

Every organization has Super Bowl talk and the Super Bowl goal, however, fans know where their narrative really stands & they have to Prove that they can break through those ceilings before their words really matter.

Two more years to try and the 2015 team gives me some hope that they can break through some ceilings.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Low Bar" of success & what it will mean for Marvin & Mike i... - depthchart - 01-10-2018, 03:02 PM