Poll: Percentage chance the Bengals win a Playoff game in either of the next 2 seasons. (2018 & 2019)
100% chance they pull it off
76-99% chance
51-75% chance
50/50
26-49% chance
1-25% chance
0% chance they pull it off
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The "Low Bar" of success & what it will mean for Marvin & Mike if they Jump over it
(01-11-2018, 06:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No ill will intended toward you, but we'll continue to disagree on some of these things.

I will concede this much.  If Marvin wins a Conference Championship, he will have equaled the highest level of success ever seen by this organization.  That would at least change some of the negative media connotation about his tenure with the Bengals.

That Conference Championship win occurred Pre Mike Brown as Owner.

Winning the Playoff game would be the highest level of Mike Brown Ownership era success.

Good conversation.

I get where it may appear that I was making a Playoff win a Beacon of success in the Thread title, however, my intention was to illustrate what Cincy fans would get excited about with a Playoff win (in the shorter term). Then contrasting to say what a Patriot fan would get excited about. (which is the Super Bowl win that "All Fans" of any team should have hopes for as you imply)

In other words, Bengal fans are not asking as much of Marvin as say Patriot fans are asking of Belichick because fans have different expectations of each of their abilities. Fans of both may point to the same Super Bowl goal but have different internal expectations of what will really happen. Hence, Marvin can "Shock" Bengal fans with a playoff win while Belichick would "Shock" Patriot fans if he does not win at least a Playoff game.

Different "bars" of expectations.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The "Low Bar" of success & what it will mean for Marvin & Mike i... - depthchart - 01-11-2018, 06:30 PM