Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I went from doom and gloom to optimistic since season end
(01-10-2018, 08:06 PM)GodFather Wrote: Well that didn't take long, by September you will be convinced the new coaches and draft choices will have us at 11-5 and deep in the playoffs....

...well that is until the first week of January.

Although I appreciate "early Marv" for changing the culture, this is why I can't stand "middle to late Marv" as he screams of stupidity like Jeff Fisher.  We FINALLY saw a rushing attack when the offensive line had changes forced by injury.  No one can say THIS Baltimore team didn't care.  We saw flashes from Boyd in the slot that made us wonder what the hell happened to him during the beginning and middle of the season.  Maybe Dalton couldn't see his slot WR with DTs and DEs flying at him, or maybe it was the stupid scheme (Zampeze).  

We had the Eifert injury, indifferent AJ (until he lost his shit and attacked a guy), and the Ross debacle.  I normally won't cry about injuries as they happen to all teams, but this defense showed that other than Burfict, it has absolutely nothing in the middle.  And, yes, I am speaking to you Shawn Williams, most overpaid piece of crap on this team.   Outplayed by a 7th round draft pick and it wasn't even close.  

I like Lazor and I hope he is given true autonomy with his offense and Marv just plays principal.  Lazor's comments about fat ass piano man clearly indicate that there was a great deal of emotion and friction internally regarding the line play and the scheme.  Lazor proved (too late) that he could do better and fat ass was gone.  We can't underestimate just how significant this change may prove to be.  A rushing attack is something that this team hasn't had since 2009 and that was with a 7 man front.  Even then, it was very inconsistent.  Should Lazor be able to push Bodine at Center with Westerman and replace Hopkins (please!) with Redmond, this team could improve overnight.  Will that happen?  Will the best weapons be used?  I doubt it.  But to dismiss the notion that this team could jump to 11-5 overnight because of recent history completely discounts the talent that is assembled.  

I believe in the talent.  I don't believe in Marv.  I don't know what to think of Lazor, and I have some hope for Austin.  

If I was betting?  7-9.  Can I see a season where it all clicks like 2015? Absolutely.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: I went from doom and gloom to optimistic since season end - SHRacerX - 01-11-2018, 10:37 AM