Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Grunge really kill hair metal?
(01-11-2018, 01:58 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I believe it was a combo of both and the "over the top" stuff that was getting thrown out there by bands.

Glam looks, faster guitars, higher vocals all drove it right into the wall.

I do believe that rap has killed a lot of rock up to now including grunge and modern country kicked it in the teeth when it was down.

There was still a lot of metal around when Grunge was mainstream.

Metallica and Megadeth prospered.

The flash of hair bands was replaced by bling of another sort... so yeah I would say so in that aspect.

My only question with rap is that most music reaches an end with content. Plus having a dude who goes "uh, uh, yeah" in the background.  Isn't that shit cliche yet??

Hair bands - Chicks, Party, Kicking Ass, party some more
Country - Beer, Pickup Trucks, Beer, Leavin' Me, Beer
Rap - I got stuff, money, shaking ass, hoes, did I mention I got stuff?,  makin' more money, I'm high, ballin', made up words from the hood/gang lingo

I'm just so bored of the majority that is being made today.

I agree, hair metal had a large part in its own death because it became watered down with so many mediocre bands joining the fray like any other fads that come around.

There were some legit bands from that era, Motley Crue, Guns n Roses, Van Halen, Quiet Riot, the lesser known Bullet Boys were a band I liked, and the rest I can do without.  

Rap seems to be infiltrating everything these days.....even "country".  God I miss Waylon Jennings.

[Image: now-listen-youstupid-sumbitch-wehatepopc...943786.png]

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Grunge really kill hair metal? - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-23-2018, 02:10 PM