Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Ogbuehi and Bodine salvageable under Pollack?
(01-12-2018, 12:04 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Sunset- really respect your opinion but I just don't see this.

I have seen Bodine thrown into Dalton's face too many times.

We need to sign a good free agent center or at a minimum draft one in the second round.

Well, I never said anything like "he's absolutely salvageable', I said "may" be salvageable, before I went on to explain why I think it might be possible.

In other words, I'm hoping that Pollack can do something with a few of these players.  Why?  Because I feel like it's not possible to find a new Center and two Tackles in the same draft, and have them all be ready to start on day 1.

When you look at the Centers in the upcoming FA crop, it looks pretty lean.  Yeah, yeah, some talk about Richmond Westburg from the Giants, but he's actually opposite the type of player that we need, in order to deal with NTs against those 3-4 fronts that we are so often beaten up by.

You notice also that I didn't even offer a glimmer of hope for Ogbuehi?  That's because I don't think he's got an ounce of what it takes to be an aggressive, dominate OL in the NFL.  Dude is soft, technique looks like a couple of lazy dance steps, and the only nice blocks I've ever noticed from him came against guys half his size.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Ogbuehi and Bodine salvageable under Pollack? - SunsetBengal - 01-12-2018, 01:15 PM