Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are Ogbuehi and Bodine salvageable under Pollack?
(01-12-2018, 04:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, i was excited about getting Bodine at the time. He was a mauler at NC and thought he would be an upgrade
over what we had, he was solid but had little upside but an immediate upgrade. He wasn't terrible his rookie season
but i thought he would of grown more than he has to say the least.

Just another example of PA taking a good run blocking college Center and doing nothing with him.

Might of became a worse run blocker in the NFL, similar to Zeitler who was a good run blocker in college.

With Pollack, he is the exact opposite of PA, great run blocking coach that also teaches good technique in pass pro.

Which is exactly what this line has been lacking for a while, some serious aggression.  You can take a aggressive, run blocking monster and teach him Pass blocking technique.  But, you really can't really take a passive, technician type of pass blocker and get him to be mean in the run game. 

Seems like we might have had a couple of nasty guys hangin' on, buried at the bottom of the depth chart in Westerman and Redmond.  Perhaps the cupboard isn't quite as bare, as it would appear at first glance, for Pollack to work with?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are Ogbuehi and Bodine salvageable under Pollack? - SunsetBengal - 01-12-2018, 04:19 PM