Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Short write ups on some of my favorite players in draft part 1
(01-15-2018, 05:59 AM)Jpoore Wrote: James Daniels, C, Iowa
– I was intrigued in my casual viewings of Daniels during the regular season, but when he decided to declare as a true junior, I started a deep dive into his tape. What I found was the best run blocker and interior offensive lineman in this class not named Quenton Nelson. His mobility to get to the second level on sweeps and combo blocks is outstanding. He also puts on a clinic with his reach blocks and overall power in the run game. In fact, I think he could also have big-time value at guard in a zone blocking scheme. He needs better pad level in pass protection, but considering his reliability, traits, and production at only 20 years of age, I think Daniels has multiple Pro Bowls in his future as a step-in starter.
Daniels has something thr top 2 centers in the class (Ragnow, Price) don't have Short area quickness. He fires out to the second level quickly and as you said he drives combos and reaches well.
But I have 2 areas if concern. Daniels is not asked to pull so he doesn't have to take his eyes off the defense and then find a target in space. Second he doesn't sustain all his blocks very well he gets shed fairly easily.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Short write ups on some of my favorite players in draft part 1 - Synric - 01-16-2018, 11:29 AM