Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Junior Trade
Not nearly as excited about him as i was when they made the huge trades in the 70s for the BRM teams..Too bad they didn't lock him down when he was still in high school in town.. Heck, I wore #14 my first year in little league and probably had the same goofy haircut to match..

Just read about the baseball scribes predicting the weather in 5 years about Hunter Green.. He didn't particularly fare well in rookie ball, but that doesn't stop them from making him the consensus greatest thing since sliced bread in the future.. 

My favorite memory of all time was begging mom and dad to let us watch the rest of the game instead of beating the traffic home only to see JB hit a grand slam in the bottom of the 9th behind by 3.. 
My dad's 89 now and I still ask him, 'Aren't ya glad we stuck around for that?' He doesn't remember it, but my brother and I do..  I can still hear dad saying on the way home something to the effect of 'Ok! Jesus Christ!  So he hit a grand slam and they won. Now shut the hell up about it so I can drive! ' lol
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
The Junior Trade - Bengalholic - 01-15-2018, 04:27 PM
RE: Redlegs Rewind: The Junior Trade - grampahol - 01-17-2018, 12:22 PM
RE: Redlegs Rewind: The Junior Trade - J24 - 01-18-2018, 12:34 AM