Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CNN's 2018 Mock Draft 1.0
Marvin says we'll be more active in free agency, but I'm way too brain damaged to project that, so this is assuming that we don't get any free agents.

1. Derwin James FSU S- he's just what we need to be a playmaker on the back end of our defense. He can cover tight ends, which is and always has been a weakness on our defense, he can rush the passer, and he can come in the box and be an enforcer. He does struggle sometimes when playing deep centerfield, which will be a problem against Ben and his ability to extend plays, but that can be improved through teaching, which hopefully Jones is up to the task.

He's a maniac!

He's always around the ball and just a playmaker.

He can be a game changer for us ThumbsUp

2. Billy Price OSU C- played in the Big 10, which is basically just the college version of the AFCN with style of play and with the weather. He can handle the monster nose tackles of the division and can solidify our line for years to come.

We've ignored center for too long and Price is perfect for us.

3. Isaiah Wynn Georgia G- athletic guy that can play all over the line but will excel for us at guard. Does very well in run blocking, but is also a solid pass blocker, and just works hard and gets the job done.

Further solidifying the interior of our offensive line, which is our biggest weakness.

3©. Andre Dillard Washington State T- I love this dude's potential and I think he could excel at left tackle for us. He might need to be coached up a bit, which I'd say hell no with Alexander, but I trust Pollack to get the most out of him, and maybe it's not too late for him to coach-up Ogbuehi and at least create a solid competition because competition breeds excellence.

4. Josey Jewell Iowa ILB- I doubt he's there, but we need to take him if he is. A bit undersized for your traditional MLB, but the game is changing and we need a more mobile guy with agility emphasized more than size and power. I guess his size is why he's not rated higher, but this dude has all the intangibles and is always around the ball. He's a sneaky playmaker. Here are some highlgihts. I love this pick.

5. Jamarco Jones OSU tackle- I'm iffy on this pick because he has all the tools to be a monster but seems to lack motivation, be lazy, and give up big plays at points. I gotta trust Pollack to coach him up and get the most out of him. Not guaranteeing him a spot could make him hungry, make him play harder, and create a nice competition. If nothing else, he has time to become better and eventually take over for Fisher.

5©. Kemoko Turay Rutgers DE- I love this guy and think he'd be a steal here. He's a patient defender and can cover tight ends and backs out of the backfield, but, when he's allowed to be unleashed and get after the passer, he's a monster. That's where I think he excels for us- as a situational pass rusher that we put in on passing downs and just say "go get the quarterback." He's a steal here.

There's no videos that are just highlights, but watch some of this game film and see what I'm talking about.

6. Marcus Baugh OSU tight end- he was heavily underutilized at Ohio State, making him a sleeper, but he's 6'5 and has great straight-line speed, as well as the ability to get physical with linebackers and safeties. He struggles stopping and starting when running routes, which is fine because I just want him stretching defenses up the seam and keeping safeties and backers honest.

7. Brandon Mahon Penn State G- played tackle at Penn State and struggles against speed rushers from the edge, but is a great run blocker and would benefit from being moved inside to guard. He fits the AFC North style of play and I like him to open holes for Mixon and to protect Andy. At the very least, he offers some competition. I think he'd go a lot higher if he had played guard his entire collegiate career.

Thoughts?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
CNN's 2018 Mock Draft 1.0 - BFritz21 - 01-17-2018, 12:06 AM
RE: CNN's 2018 Mock Draft 1.0 - BFritz21 - 01-17-2018, 12:28 PM
RE: CNN's 2018 Mock Draft 1.0 - TKUHL - 01-23-2018, 01:07 AM
RE: CNN's 2018 Mock Draft 1.0 - Yojimbo - 01-19-2018, 11:01 PM
RE: CNN's 2018 Mock Draft 1.0 - BFritz21 - 01-19-2018, 11:58 PM
RE: CNN's 2018 Mock Draft 1.0 - Jpoore - 01-17-2018, 04:50 PM
RE: CNN's 2018 Mock Draft 1.0 - J24 - 01-17-2018, 11:46 PM
RE: CNN's 2018 Mock Draft 1.0 - CJD - 01-18-2018, 10:40 AM
RE: CNN's 2018 Mock Draft 1.0 - CJD - 01-18-2018, 11:54 AM