Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hobson back with his first propaganda piece
(01-18-2018, 09:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Gee I wonder what happened to the posts where I predicted Wolverine would move the goal posts when I proved him wrong and the post where he claimed he did not even know what it meant top move the goalposts?

His is still preserved in my post above where I quoted it, but I am not going to accuse him of deleting it because my post has disappeared also.

Anyway here is where we are.  I have shown that Wolverines standard for "aggressive play calling" is so high that no team in the league would meet it.  I feel that I have done enough to prove his argument is invalid.  So I am not going to jump through anymore hoops.  At this point his position is that Marvin is too conservative in the second half with a lead unless he is more aggressive than every other coach in the league, and that sound absurd to me. 

In fact his claim that the percentage of running plays called does not prove how conservative a team is runs counter to the accepted standard.  Whenever anyone talks about Marvin being too conservative their claim is always that he "runs the ball to much". Announcers and analysts always refer to percentage of runs when talking about how conservative a team is. Footballoutsiders even tracks a specific stat that shows how often a team runs the ball with the lead in the second half of games.  My analysis is in line with all of this.  His claim that this analysis is "grotesquely insufficient" is contrary to what all the posters here and football experts on TV think.

The only statement that has been made with no facts to back it up is "Marvin has lost games because he was too conservat5ive with a lead in the second half."

I never once said the bengals have to throw more deep balls and run less than every other team. When I said 7 throws over 10 yards in the second half I was making an EDUCATED GUESS based on what I believe the league average was; which in this case I assumed was around 5.8 throws.

What I was after is THE LEAGUE AVERAGE. You are the one the one that has made some garbage up about the bengals needing to be above every team in the league when it comes to throwing deeps passes and not running the ball for them to be considered aggressive

You can start playing word games all you want with yourself. I asked for two pieces of information that give a very good idea how conservative the bengals are in the second half of games. Anything else you provide I am not looking at

Stop evading the questions I have asked for. You just start talking in circles and coming up with nonsense. I'll simplify it so it is impossible for you to not understand. 

I want two pieces of information. You either say yes I can provide that information and prove my point or I cant. It's that simple

1) The percentage of times the bengals throw it over 10 yards in the second half of games compared to the league average.

2) The percentage of times the bengals run the ball in the second half of games compared to the league average
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread