Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hobson back with his first propaganda piece
(01-18-2018, 09:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: That is the only example anyone has given me so far.  I will gladly look at every game you want to claim we lost because marvin played too conservative with a lead..

The Bengals called pass plays 75% of the time in that second half.  League average is 53.3%

Based off of observations, and nothing I have heard in these forums, I would still bet money that the bengals threw very few long passes in the second half of games.  Most throws were dump offs. 

Dalton threw 236 passes in the second half of games, that's 14.7 a game in the second half. Of those, I would estimate 4 were over 10 yards.  That has to be below league average. 

We can make that assumption based on how much his yards per throw plummeted in the second half from 7.2 to about 5.9 yards per throw. His touchdowns went from 18 in the first half to 7 in the second half. 

From a historical perspective ryan leafs career average was 5.6 yard per throw. So daltons 5.9 in the second half can't be good by any stretch. When youre barely above ryan leaf that has to be a problem.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread