Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hobson back with his first propaganda piece
(01-19-2018, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Look, you are all over the place with your random assumptions and comparisons to Leaf and talking about all games instead of just games where we had a lead in the second half.  So this is my last comment until someone comes up with another alleged example of the Bengals losing a game because Marvin plays too conservative with a lead int he second half other than that Steeler game.

Dalton's completion percentage dropped considerably from the first half (62.8) to the second half (56.2).  This could indicate that either they were attempting more long passes or the execution was worse in the second half.  You can make all the guesses you want but it proves nothing about how conservative the play calling was in the second half of games when we were sitting on a lead.

BTW early in the second half of that game against the Steelers when we still had the lead Dalton completed a 61 yard bomb to Green but it was called back due to a penalty.

You're the one that is all over the place.  I'm talking about the second half of games and if I just proved that then obviously it will go down even more if we have the lead.  I used leaf as comparison to show how much the yards per completion decreased in the second half.

Work it out. 7.2 / .62 means the average length of throws in the first half was 11.8 yards

It dropped to 5.9 / .55 or 10.7 yards per throw in the second half of games.

Dalton attempted 42 passes over 20 yards the whole season!!!

Thats is 2.6 passes over 20 yards a game all season. Since the yards per throw went down from first half to second half a good approximation would be 1.2 throws over 20 yards were attempted in the second half.

Now using the logic that a team will definitely throw longer when behind than when in front, we can conclude that in games when we had the lead we probably attempted 0.8 throws over 20 yards in the second half.

This proves a much more conservative approach to throwing when we had the lead in the second half and most assuredly way more conservative than we should have been

Also, why do you keep using a single piece of data like dalton completing a bomb to green when we had the lead. Like I have said many times, you need a whole seasons worth of data and compare it to the leagues average!!
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread