Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Lazor calls a game as good as he interviews...
(01-19-2018, 10:26 AM)sonofstat Wrote: I thought it was interesting that he mentioned specifically yards per play.

That is actually something I thought might be a weakness , or at least a concern to watch out for

When you look at his Dolphins in 14/15 and Bengals this year the yards per reception is really low.  

Like with most things this year I guess he gets a pass because the OLine meant we had to get rid of the ball quick but his offenses have not looked explosive on the surface of it.

I checked with Miami WR's when he was there and they were pretty good too. In 2014 he had Jarvis Landry and Mike Wallace as his WR1 & 2...and they averaged 9 and 12 yards per reception over the season which for Wallace especially is a surprise as he's a burner

That's a good point.  When the run game isn't doing enough to draw defenses up into the box, and the QB has to get rid of the ball in about 2 seconds every play, routes are only going to develop so far.  Even good receivers need a full play, in order to gain good separation from defenders, every now and then.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Lazor calls a game as good as he interviews... - SunsetBengal - 01-19-2018, 10:32 AM