Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Lazor calls a game as good as he interviews...
(01-19-2018, 11:24 AM)Yojimbo Wrote: I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not going to dismiss last season as "he had no control". That's no excuse for a completely non-exisitant offense after the pre-scripted plays run out.

Fair enough.  

The way I see it I think he did a good job straight away - basically for his first 3 games - just keeping it simple and going back to basics, limiting the gameplan and getting the ball out of AD's hand quick.  In that time the only control he really had was to work within a specific number of safe plays and rely on field position and the D - who were playing strong at that point.

Mid season'ish onwards whenever we faced a good defense (Jags, Steelers, Vikings, Bears) we were torrid and then our D was starting to crack understandably with the amount of snaps/ToP they were facing.  

I think at that point keeping things tight on O, quick passing etc ...basically what we had to do in the 3 games post Zamp was now nowhere near diverse enough once teams saw how Lazor was running things and with no-one either respecting the run game or without us able to hit any long passes the short passing game was getting choked.  

I guess Lazor could have changed it up a bit earlier but that's easy to say in the middle of the season we had and with no OLine, limited WR play.

The interesting point for me is the last 2 games ....some of those OLine changes were forced - could Lazor have forced changes earlier??  probably not with Alexander still there I'm guessing but it would be good to know if those last 2 games on offense were the exception or the new rule going into next year
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: If Lazor calls a game as good as he interviews... - sonofstat - 01-19-2018, 12:29 PM