Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bengals In Today's NFC and AFC Championship Games.
It's tough to tell exactly where the truth lies in this story, probably somewhere in the middle.
I'm going to assume that there's some truth in the story, but he wouldn't be the first person to feel minimized by someone higher up in the hierarchy or even completely ignored. I've been through the same thing on several jobs where I was all but invisible. On another job I excelled at (and I was the only white guy there) the company owner went out of his way to make sure that everyone in the shop knew I was doing great work. I felt good, but at the same time felt a HUGE target being drawn right over my chest.. I didn't particularly enjoy having 30 sets of eyes shooting daggers at me.. (Dumbass me quit to look for more money and wish I had stuck around. They're now in the Fortune 500 up from a nobody plastic business)
Anyway, it's a "Look at me" business..the big stars get all of the attention for good or bad and the backup players not so much. I'm sure Guenther had and still has stars in his eyes thinking he's on the fast track to a head coaching gig.. Flowers to him was an expendable nobody.. Few people here have been smitten with Guenthers defense so the truth is probably somewhere between 'he nailed it' and 'he made it all up'.. Also it's not as if no sports writer has ever embellished a story to make it seem far different from the truth..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Bengals In Today's NFC and AFC Championship Games. - grampahol - 01-22-2018, 12:08 PM