Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim O interview with Mike Brown
Quote:“Clearly, our attendance was off. The best single thing we can do to re-establish our attendance is to win on the field. All the other things are peripheral to that. We won’t be able to improve any of that until we get out there and have our chance to do so. But that is the key. I suppose there are other things. We have people that work on the other things and we try to do them right. You mentioned the 50th-anniversary celebration. We brought old-timers back on a weekly basis and I thought that went extremely well. Yet doing that is not going to fill the seats. They’re going to come when we win. In some ways, ours is a hard market. It is the fact that our people are judgmental about us. They are often easy to condemn when it doesn’t go to their standards. But we’re coming off a run of playoff years and they began to see that as the bare minimum. Well, maybe for them it is. For most people in this league, it’s a pretty solid achievement. I think only a couple of other teams have managed that during that same time period. But we didn’t go forward from that. We didn’t have success in the playoffs. And that was our undoing.

"Now, here we are, having fallen off some. And we have to collect ourselves and come back to that level or better. That’s the goal.”

Nervous
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Jim O interview with Mike Brown - pally - 01-19-2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-23-2018, 10:27 AM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - Hoofhearted - 01-19-2018, 09:06 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-19-2018, 11:01 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-19-2018, 11:23 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-20-2018, 11:32 AM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - 3wt - 01-20-2018, 08:16 PM