Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim O interview with Mike Brown
(01-20-2018, 02:38 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Jim did a great job and I commend him for asking tough questions from multiple angles. I listen to he and Paul's Bengals Beat podcast every week and enjoy it.

I've defended a lot of the Bengals front office decisions over the last 7 seasons, but Mike Brown is an arrogant asshole in this interview. My embargo stands strong. Season tickets cancelled and not buying anything Bengals until he's dead and Marvin's gone.

While I greatly appreciate the candor of his statements, his "**** You", dismissive demeanor towards his fan base is out of touch for 2018. This is hurting not only the Bengals, but the NFL in general.
I'll still be a Bengals fan, but other sports franchises/leagues are going to be taking their place as to where I spend my time/money until he's gone. I do so not to hurt Mike Brown (I know it doesn't), but rather to help me find a better group of people to be a spending customer to. My $8-10,000 a year I spend on the Bengals and in Cincy on game days would be better appreciated by the Blue Jackets or FC Cincinnati at this point.

It's always been out of place. Mike Brown is probably the least likable owner in any pro sport. Smug, aloof, distant, dense, stubborn, and defensive are not good character traits for a team owner. 

(01-20-2018, 10:19 AM)Bengalsrob Wrote: Certainly NOT the Tennessee Titans Shocked

Ikr? They did give Fisher a ton of rope, but that guy led their franchise within a couple yards of a championship. Mularky had a decent year, but Mariota regressed hard this year.

Must be nice to be a fan of a team that isn't comfortable with "decent".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Jim O interview with Mike Brown - pally - 01-19-2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-23-2018, 10:27 AM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-19-2018, 11:01 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-19-2018, 11:23 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-20-2018, 11:32 AM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - Shake n Blake - 01-20-2018, 01:18 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - 3wt - 01-20-2018, 08:16 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - 3wt - 01-20-2018, 08:24 PM