Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jim O interview with Mike Brown
(01-21-2018, 08:49 PM)GodFather Wrote: Mike Brown isn't loyal, he's lazy and incompetent as an owner and it bleeds all the way down to the last person involved with the Bengals. These past two interviews he's given this past week with Jim O and Hobson only solidify it.

“I made the call for more than one reason,” Brown said. “It gives us our best chance to be successful this coming season. Marvin gives us continuity...."

Continuity?  Your right Mike, and you know what that is? A mediocre team year after year that never came close to challenging other top teams. If thats what kind of continuity your looking for....you've got it with Marvin.

"I also made the call because I felt he deserved consideration for all the time and effort he has put in here. He’s been our head coach for 15 years. That ought to be to his credit."

Why didn't you have that same loyalty to Whit this offseason and other great players in the past? Its because of the money and hiring new coaching means more work for you Mike. Marvin's been here so long you dont have to do much. You must also be missing the point that Marvin is an employee, a hired hand. If I was your financial advisor and for 15 years lost money every year you invested by my ill advise, would you continue to keep me employed?

"We beat two teams that were in playoff runs. We beat them in games that were important for them where they gave their best shot and I was impressed how we rebounded. That played into what was in my mind when I had to make a final call.”

So you made the decision to re hire Lewis based on the last two meaningless games of the season and not the past 15 years of what Lewis has done...or didn't do? Where is the logic in this?

and my favorite line by Mike?

"And if we win, it will be great. If we don’t, you’ll be right back here asking why.”

and your answer will be the same...we're close...we're close.

I lost brain cells reading the two articles on how incredibly stupid Mike Brown is with his reasoning of why re-hiring Lewis is the best way for this team to win a Super Bowl....

I really hope the stands are empty this upcoming season to unprecedented levels, just to send a message to Brown that the fans are sick of the way he's been running this team from the day he took over.

Continuity only works if you’re the Pats and have Belichick and Brady, aka the most successful postseason duo in NFL history. Marvin has had 15 years and 7 chances at the postseason. Continuity has gotten the Bengals several dubious NFL records for futility. Every other organization would have made the necessary changes years ago. Not Mike Brown. We’re stuck with the 60th percentile in a good season, mediocrity in a bad season.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Jim O interview with Mike Brown - pally - 01-19-2018, 06:43 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-23-2018, 10:27 AM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-19-2018, 11:01 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-19-2018, 11:23 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - McC - 01-20-2018, 11:32 AM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - 3wt - 01-20-2018, 08:16 PM
RE: Jim O interview with Mike Brown - 3wt - 01-20-2018, 08:24 PM
RE: Mike Brown's Interviews Prove He's Not Loyal, He's Lazy And Delusional - t3r3e3 - 01-21-2018, 08:54 PM