Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lord of the Rings
(01-25-2018, 01:14 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Yeah, I remember those as well.

For me Peter Jackson's LOTR trilogy worked far better on the big screen than "The Hobbit" trilogy. LOTR is a much darker and epic story. The story was written for a more mature audience to grapple with more serious issues. Trying to add those darker epics into the Hobbit story line just to link up with the LOTR was not a good choice, IMO. Tolkien wrote the ideal amount of foreshadowing into the original Hobbit story. It didn't need to be elaborated on.

By the same token I think that was why the LOTR animated movies weren't as successful as the animated "Hobbit" movie. LOTR wasn't meant to be as charming and simple as "Hobbit" and that is something that that type of animation had a trouble communicating.

I Agree they took the content of the Hobbit and STREEEEEEEEEEEETCH it out as far as possible even adding in some things that were never part of the story.. (but was going on in the time)  in the book hobbit we never get to see where gandolf keeps running off to we do in the movies.. 

But yeah a lot was added for movie effect  It didn't need to be a triology but I still enjoy the movies overall.  If I remember correctly the Dwarfs Elves and Humans were all fighting each other in the books before the orcs show.     Battle of 3 armies turns to 4 then 5 when the eagles show...   (in the movie you could hardly call the # of human soldiers an army)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Lord of the Rings - treee - 01-25-2018, 05:03 AM
RE: Lord of the Rings - BengalHawk62 - 01-25-2018, 11:00 AM
RE: Lord of the Rings - XenoMorph - 01-25-2018, 11:20 AM
RE: Lord of the Rings - Go Cards - 01-25-2018, 11:38 AM
RE: Lord of the Rings - Bengalzona - 01-25-2018, 11:38 AM
RE: Lord of the Rings - XenoMorph - 01-25-2018, 12:29 PM
RE: Lord of the Rings - Bengalzona - 01-25-2018, 01:14 PM
RE: Lord of the Rings - XenoMorph - 01-25-2018, 02:39 PM