Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
similarities between Dalton and kitna
(05-14-2015, 11:41 PM)DaltontoKroftSBchamps Wrote: They appear similar, however Kitna was 31 and in his 7th NFL season before leading the Bengals to 8-8 in 2003.  He had 9 years under his belt when he got in the game after Carson got hurt in the 2005 Wildcard game.  Dalton was thrown into the fire his first year at age 24 and reached the playoffs each of the first four years.  We'll know more in 3-4 years.  I'm optimistically looking forward to division titles, playoff wins and a Superbowl since the roster around him seems ready to help him get there.

Kitna was a more seasoned QB. Not really smarter or more talented. Nor did he have anywhere close to the success that Dalton has had.

Yet fans loved him in comparison to Dalton. I see them as being so similar its hard to understand the bipolar opposite effects they have had on fans.

Was it because kitna didn't get us to the big games so he didn't let us down so much?

Were expectations that much higher for a young guy we drafted and threw to the fire over a veteran that stepped in and became a starter?

Its just always puzzled me. Dalton is just an upgraded kitna. How could kitna be well liked but a better version of him be so hated?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: similarities between Dalton and kitna - livebythe10 - 05-15-2015, 07:33 AM