Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Mike may gauge team/player success by comparing to the bottom, not the Top
(01-29-2018, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Both Mike and the fans are correct.

Bengals are not the best but they are better than a lot of other teams.

Although Mike wants to win as bad as the fans he is not buying into the "Bengals are worst ever team with worst coaches that start the worst players in the league." line of thinking.

Making the playoffs is not the ultimate goal, but it is not a bad thing like some people here try to claim.  And I'll bet that Mike Brown quote about "unacceptable seasons" was after a playoff season instead of either of the last two.

(01-29-2018, 02:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It was also annoying to come here and see so many posts about how the Bengals were the worst team in the league when they were making the playoffs five years in a row.

Some Bengals fans put way too much value on their victim cards.  They love to whimper and moan so much that they refuse to acknowledge when the Bengals actually do something good.  It is almost like they are happier when the team fails because they get to brag about being right.

Funny thing is, you're willing to give the owner a pass for saying this but not the fans. May I ask why that is? 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Mike may gauge team/player success by comparing to the bottom, not the Top - Hoofhearted - 01-29-2018, 03:58 PM