Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do Rock Gods exist in today’s music?
(02-02-2018, 12:23 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Well I don’t know if they’re over rated. They’re certainly rock stars. They meet much of the criteria to be God’s. But I don’t know if they are. John Frusciati is probably a god to many. He deserves to be in the conversation. I’m certainly no fanboy of rhcp but I respect them.

I think John, Flea and Chad are all legit serious musicians.  They have several songs that I like.  Flea may be a bit overrated, but to be fair, he's been treated like the god of bass for over two decades.  Hype has fed his legend quite a bit, so it's expected that it would be a bit inflated.  That doesn't mean he's not great.  It just means that people who don't necessarily know what they're talking about refer to him as the greatest bassist around by default.  

I think that their downfall is Anthony.  His voice is smooth and listenable, but his lyrics are comically awful in some cases.  He's def getting by on his reputation.  I'd be embarrassed to sing some of that shit, unless I was becoming a multi millionaire doing it, in which case I'd do what he's doing and keep at it.  
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Do Rock Gods exist in today’s music? - samhain - 02-02-2018, 11:50 AM