Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your stories from the Freezer Bowl
I was at the game. A friend of mine had tickets and invited me to join him and a couple of other friends. I was layered good, but it didn't matter. The layering only made going to the rest room a Houdini affair. The game was just amazing - the best game a Bengals team ever played. They just beat the snot out of the Chargers. The atmosphere was truly electric. Everyone was into it. A lot of noise. I remember guys at the end of the game prancing on the dugouts with their shirts off. As bad as the weather was Riverfront was packed out.

I was scheduled to work at the Edwards restaurant (Fifth and Eggleston) after the game. When I got up to leave the stadium I had trouble walking because I had lost so much feeling in my legs and feet.

I made it to the restaurant, but they let me go home. I was a mess. My face was all windburned, I couldn't talk because my lips were frozen and my voice was gone. I staggered in like I was drunk, though I had nothing to drink (didn't want to have to pee). So they just told me to go home. It took me an hour to thaw out enough to drive.

It took me a couple of days to truly feel warm again. What an amazing game!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Your stories from the Freezer Bowl - 3wt - 02-04-2018, 01:43 AM