Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How many steelers fans pretend...
(02-06-2018, 10:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I have a hard time figuring out how you switch.  I mean if you could, ten or so teams wouldn't have any fans.  If I could come up with a formula I'd be a billionaire.  I can see fading out on your team, but not choosing another.

I didn't switch from the Steelers (and I think I've told this before) but back in high school, maybe sophomore year so around 84-85, a friend and I decided to pick one awful team and start rooting for them so if they ever won we could say we weren't "bandwagon fans" .

He picked the Jets.  I picked the Saints.  I already had an autographed (reproduction) of Archie Manning that I had gotten years earlier so it seemed a good fit.

After a couple decades of cheering for them it obviously wasn't just a joke anymore.  I really am a Saints fan.  And a couple years before they won their super bowl we got new neighbors and she was from Louisiana and a huge Saints fan so we bonded over that and had the Super Bowl part at their house!   Smirk   

But the Steelers always come first.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How many steelers fans pretend... - GMDino - 02-06-2018, 10:38 AM