Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Colts fans, you have my sympathies
(02-08-2018, 12:03 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Funny you should mention that. That's actually being discussed on several threads on the Colts board. What a SUPER DOUCHE move! Can't believe that Josh McD is capable of such a move. I'm wondering... WHERE did he learn all this? From BB? I don't even think BB would do something like this. But who knows, right?

I guess Josh McD isn't planning on getting hired by anyone else in the NFL but the Pats, right? I'm sure the entire NFL is shaking their collective heads about this. NO ONE wants something like this to happen to them!

Eh, I don't think so. The NFL has a very short memory. Belichik did something very similar to the Jets, and now would be one of the most fought over coaches in history if he ever decides he's had enough of N.E.

So no, this move will not adversely affect McDaniels future at all.

The way I heard it was that McDaniels was going to be taking the special teams coach and at least 2 other assistants with him. ...which Kraft and BB weren't initially aware of. The reality of losing both coordinators and a few more key coaches all at once was way too much upheaval for that franchise...especially with most of their key players tied up for at least another couple of years. Plus the optics of all of them jumping ship after a SB loss is contradictory to the NE / Kraft  image......especially since they would be going to the Colts.  Because of deflategate, which was initiated by Indy, Kraft has a real hard on for that organization.

I don't know what Beli-kraft promised McDaniels, but I would think it would have to have been substantial for him to put his head coaching aspirations on hold for a while.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Colts fans, you have my sympathies - Tama - 02-08-2018, 01:55 AM