Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Are the Bengals bad or just unlucky?
(02-27-2018, 03:14 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: The 2% figure is arbitrary, but, as an actual fan who knows WAAAAAY more Steeler fans than you do, I can say with confidence that it is much smaller than you think.  Most people on this board realize that the "worst" elements of a fanbase do not by any means represent the whole group.  The vast majority of any fanbase is just regular people.  Heck, the Eagles fans have a well deserved reputation for being hooligans, but that's not the whole story.   I know quite a few Eagles fans who are some of the nicest people you'd want to meet.  They are pastors, homeless shelter directors, doctors, leaders of local nonprofits, etc.  But, if I thought like you and met any of those guys on a message board where they were only identified by their fandom, I would assume that they all ate horse poop.    

Have you ever considered that the reason why all the Steelers fans you know are crappy people may just be because you associate, in general, with crappy people?

I don't associate with many Steelers fans......  actually, only a few, but I definitely see them out and have listened to and witnessed them.

One of your fans on this board or the old one even had a sig about bandwagon Steelers fans and how it was the majority.

This site says they're the 6th most obnoxious fans.  This one says 6th-worst.  Third-most fan arrests, which admittedly the Bengals are 4th, but we're talking about your fans being horrible.  If you'd like to compare with the Bengals for how well your franchise is doing, go right ahead, but you have low expectations, which goes back to proving my point.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Are the Bengals bad or just unlucky? - BFritz21 - 02-27-2018, 08:42 PM