Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ever Had A Friend Overstay Their Welcome?
Has anyone had a friend asked to crash at their place for a night or two and then ended up staying longer and there's nothing you can do about it because they're your friend?

My friend used to own a bar, and we'd go there all the time and I'd never pay a dime. And I'm not saying that like I owe him or he thinks I owe him, because he did it because we were friends, but I probably ran up thousands of dollars. He's also paid for me whenever we've ended up at random bars over the years.

Fast-forward to recently and he breaks up with his girlfriend and she kicks him out. He texts me and asks if he can crash for the night, which I obviously say yes.

However, he doesn't leave the next day or the day after, and he's not making himself at home or anything but just crashing on the couch and not eating much food or anything.

We get to talking one night at dinner and he's talking about getting everything in his life in order and says "I should hopefully have enough money to get my own place BY THE END OF MARCH, START OF APRIL."

WHAT?!

Bang Head

From one night to now possibly MONTHS?

Yesterday, he said it would only be a few more weeks, but I don't know what the hell to believe. I told him he doesn't need to pay me rent because he needs to save money, but he's also been drinking a lot.

Anyone else had a friend overstay their welcome? What did you do? What should I do?
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Ever Had A Friend Overstay Their Welcome? - BFritz21 - 02-22-2018, 06:26 PM
My Friend Is Moving Out! - BFritz21 - 03-14-2018, 08:34 AM