Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would I do if I ran the team?
(02-28-2018, 06:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I hear what you are saying. I am not siuggesting he displace Dalton and play next year. But, if they can get him in the 2nd and have him learn for a year or 2 behind Dalton, I think he will light it up. As to his thin build, that's why I said "if he lasts"..... I held my breath everytime he took off in college. He took some big hits though, and always got up. But, as you said, he needs to put on weight, and he will as he matures.

You guys have talked me into taking Lamar in the 2nd if he is there and IF the O-line is somewhat taken
care of in FA and in the 1st round. The O-line just has to be addressed, we need an OT and a Center first.

(02-28-2018, 07:01 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Totally disagree. The Bengals offered Whit a sold deal for one year (basically the same money he got with the Rams) . At his age, I don't think that not offering him a multi year deal is any disrespect at all.....

I felt this way at the time cause of Whit's age but he always took such great care of himself and we saw last season that
he still has a season or two in the tank. Whit himself said the offer he got from the Bengals was not even close to what he
got from the Rams. I tend to believe him.

(03-01-2018, 10:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I really wonder where all this injury fear is coming with Jackson.  Is it because he takes hits as a runner?  Because I don't see him taking many hits in college.  He usually would get out of bounds or spin out of a direct shot.  He did make some tough plays at the goal line, but overall, I don't see him taking a pounding.  

He is the same weight as Dalton (roughly), and he is an inch taller with amazing escape ability.  Maybe it is Dalton we should be worrying about more than Jackson.  He is fairly mobile but the offensive line still has major issues.

Your reference to 2015 is inspiring, until we realize we also lost Hue Jackson.  I don't know too much about Lazor, and the guy deserves an offseason to build his offense the way he wants it to be, but I felt Hue was the reason 2015 was such a success.  

Lamar is tough no doubt but he sure doesn't look like Dalton's build as Sled here says. What Fred also said rings true to me
as Cam Newton that sumbitch i don't like is the only QB who looks to be able to take an NFL beating and even he had his scares
when he was getting hit by the Broncos in the backfield and got concussed.

It is just my concern with Lamar as it is with any running college QB making the transition to the NFL.

Dalton has proven his durability in the NFL IMHO.

(03-01-2018, 11:57 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Never looked it up, but this surprises me. Dalton has always, to me, looked like he was pretty well solidly put together, while Lamar has always looked kind of skinny. Appearances can be deceptive though.

Same.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would I do if I ran the team? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 03-01-2018, 09:25 PM