• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How will Mike Brown spend his extra 10 million
(03-10-2018, 11:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Smith->Fisher
Whitworth->Ogbuehi
Jones->LaFell
Sanu->Boyd
Nelson->Williams
Zeitler->Hopkins

Downgrade at every single one of those spots (so far).

With that said though, the Bengals could not have retained them all. No way. But they do need to do a better job of drafting better players and/or developing them if they are going to keep with their strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We lost two great O-linemen and we used a first and second rouns pick on replacement.

We lost our #2 WR and we used a first round pick to replace him.

Williams and Iloka looked like solid replacements when we let Nelson walk.

The problem is not in the scheme.  The problem has been in the execution.  We have not gotten the production we should have from Og, Fisher, and Ross.

And here is the biggest problem I see with the bengals.  Even the best teams in the league miss on high draft picks.  It happens every year.  And when the system of drafting replacements fails you need to step into free agency if you have a contending team.  I have no problem with a team that is very conservative in free agency, but when that team gets to the point that it is a legit contender it needs to step up and make the extra move needed to get them over the hump.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: How will Mike Brown spend his extra 10 million - fredtoast - 03-11-2018, 02:32 PM