Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spotrac: Eifert Estimated Next Contract Avg $7.6 Mill
(03-09-2018, 10:14 PM)GodFather Wrote: We call it the Bengals luck... Eifert will go to Raiders and play a full season and break records...

Remember how injured Marvin Jones was with us? Not close to Eifert obviously but he was hurt and out quite a bit.
Except we are comparing a WR to a TE here.  A TE has to be tougher to line up on the O Line.  Right now as I type this, Eifert is injured. That is just a fact.  He was injured in 2016. He was injured in 2017. He is injured in 2018. According to Bengals, he is still very injured.  Hey, I took him in Fantasy Football after the early draft rounds hoping he would have all this UP SIDE we keep talking about.  I had to cut him early on. Would I draft him in 2018, no way. Should Bengals pay him all this money, no way.  Let him go free agent and with him still injured he may still be out there to sign at a cheaper contract going into April.  If some team offers him the mega bucks, good for Eifert still injured as we start Free Agency. If some team wants to pay huge bucks to Eifert still injured, let them do it.  He isn't a WR, he is a TE, a very injured TE, not a good thing.  As for Free Agency, I hope the Bengals don't sign Eifert or anybody the first week. NFL experts are even saying to let the wild spending happen this week, and Smart Teams will wait for good players at a fair price after the first week. I'm hoping Bengals don't sign anybody week one of Free Agency. After that, we can use some help. It could be nobody goes after Eifert week one. Here's an ex Bengal that might be out there after week one, Rex Burkhead. NFL experts on ESPN, NFL Network, NBC Sports are saying the Smart Teams will jump into the Free Agent water after the big spending first week. Let teams go after Drew Brees and such and let that first week and weekend go by before Bengals start signing free agents the next weeks. Eifert as injured as he is, he may still be sitting out there at a fair market price. If not, there are other starting TE's in this draft. I would like to see our O Line get much better, and you got to question Eifert as a blocker on the O Line now. The man is still injured going into first Free Agent Week of off season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spotrac: Eifert Estimated Next Contract Avg $7.6 Mill - kevin - 03-10-2018, 09:04 AM