Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something isn't right about our free agency
I think most of the fans on here are pretty reasonable. I don't see people screaming for the team to sign the high priced top tier free agents.

That being said, it is extremely deflating when the team does the following:

1. "Goes to war with what we have." Every year since the team got good, we always had a major hole on the team that the team never filled. The last few years it has been C. Instead of signing a vet or even drafting one, we keep with Bodine, before that it was Ghiacec.

2. Pass on guys because they cost too much. I get it, but let's face it, when you are sitting $40 million under the cap to start a season, this can't be an excuse. Last year they let Whit walk out the door over a few million. That pretty much killed our season. Don't tell me you need $5-$10 million for injury cushion every year, because when it comes time to sign a guy because we lost a player due to injury, HE NEVER COSTS ANYWHERE NEAR THAT.

3. Rolling money over for an extension. Here's a great idea - sign the extension now. What's the point of waiting until next year when we have Dunlap and Atkins up? Use that money now. Everyone is sick of this excuse because every year $10-15 million gets rolled over.

Sorry for the rant, but free agency always pisses me off because if we just went out and spent a little money, we could shore this team up pretty quick, but it never happens.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Something isn't right about our free agency - Hammerstripes - 03-11-2018, 08:08 PM