Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Still a fan
Despite the fact that the Reds have pretty much stank up the league for awhile now I'm still a fan of the Cincinnati Reds and always will be. 
However, since I live in the Columbia SC area I've been considering attempting to start following the Columbia Fire Flies team which is (or at least was) a Mets affiliate A ball club.
I've never been a Mets fan so it'll have to be  a tough sell ,but it's still baseball and it would be nice to be able to afford to go to a game here and there .. They have a new stadium at least . 
I thought of traveling to go watch the Greenville Reds in Tennessee, but that's over a 3 hour drive. Fireflies are just across town and not in the same league plus Greenville is a rookie league ,not that A ball is a huge step up . 

• Damned . Single game ticket price for 2 people behind home plate for A ball is $12+ some oddball $3 fee. It's not as if I can't come up with $15, but somehow that seems kind of steep for A ball tickets.. Maybe I'll drag my 90 year old dad down to a game this spring before its too late ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
Still a fan - grampahol - 03-15-2018, 05:18 AM
RE: Still a fan - fredtoast - 03-15-2018, 11:10 AM
RE: Still a fan - grampahol - 03-21-2018, 01:17 PM
RE: Still a fan - Go Cards - 03-21-2018, 01:25 PM
RE: Still a fan - michaelsean - 03-22-2018, 09:57 AM